Tryst 2018 IIT Delhi
Cloud Computing Workshop
Cloud computing is a type of computing that relies on sharing computing resources rather than having local servers or personal devices to handle applications.
Cloud computing has recently emerged as one of the buzzwords in the IT industry. Numerous IT vendors are promising to offer computation, storage, and application hosting services and to provide coverage in several continents, offering service level agreements (SLA) backed performance and uptime promises for their services. While these "clouds" are the natural evolution of traditional data centers, they are distinguished by exposing resources (computation, data, and applications) as standards-based Web services and following a "utility" pricing model where customers are charged based on their utilization of computational resources, storage, and transfer of data. They offer subscription-based access to infrastructure, platforms, and applications that are popularly referred to as IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platformas a Service), and SaaS (Software as a Service).
The duration of this workshop will be 1 day, with Ten hours session ,.Certificate of participation will be provided by RoboTryst 2018 in association with Tryst IIT Delhi.
Best Suited for: All B.Tech/B.E./BCA/BSc Students
Day 1 (Session 1)
Introduction to Cloud Computing
- What is the cloud?
- History of Cloud Computing
- How Cloud Computing Works
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- Traditional Computing Vs Cloud Computing
- Types of cloud Computing
- Cloud Service Model (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS)
- Deployment model of Cloud Computing Private | Public | Hybrid
Day 1 (Session 2)
Concept building : IAAS, PASS & SAAS
Introduction to IAAS Service Providers
- Amazon Web Services EC2
Introduction to PAAS Providers(Integrated)
- Google AppEngine
- Microsoft Azure
Introduction to PAAS Providers(Anchored)
- SalesForce.com Force.com Platform
Introduction to SAAS providers
- SalesForce.com Ecosystem
Day 1 (Session 3)
Introduction to Virtualization
- Cloud Computing Architecture & Terminology.
- Types of Virtualization < type1, type 2 & hybrid >.
- Difference between Traditional & Virtualized Environment.
- Practically accessing Cloud Virtual Machine.
Entering the World of IAAS
- Virtualization benefits.
- Server Virtualization.
- Virtualization Hypervisor(Hyper-v) & Virtual Network Management Software (SCVMM).
- Understanding types of VHD'S.
- Understanding different types of Virtual Network.
Big Data, Hadoop & Analytics
- Differentiate b/w serial and parallel file system.
- Introduction to Distributed file system.
- Understanding Big Data.
- Understanding Data Generation Sources.
- Defining Big DATA.
- History OF Google File System.
- Introduction to APACHE HADOOP.
- Concept Building for HDFS & MapReduce.
- Installation of IBM Info-sight HADOOP Virtual Instance.
- Learning to load / unload data sets into HDFS.
- Running Word Count Job using MAP- REDUCE.
- Guidelines for setting up of CLOUDS LAB
Practicals: Installation & Configuration of Microsoft server 2008 R2 Server Operating System, domain & AD-DS, configuring Server –Client Model. Installing Hyper-v, configuring virtual machines, Snapshots, failover clustering with High Availability on Virtual network.
Note: *depending on the time availability and lab setup